Scope: Office 2016\2013\2010\2007
Operating System: Windows 10\8.1\8\7\Vista\XP
Effects: Applications will stop working causing the computer to stall.
Detailed Video to fix the errors
Why error 0-1028 occurs?
- The security software in the computer might be blocking the installation.
- There might be a previous or multiple version of the Office Suite installed.
- Partial installation of the Office suite corrupts the file system and registry keys.
- Windows Firewall blocking the installation.
- Slow internet connectivity can also cause this error.
- If you have a fake application or a threat in the computer, it can also affect the installation.
- Certain third party programs block the normal operation of the Office Suite.
How to fix the error 0-1028
- Turn OFF security software like anti-virus or an Internet security program.
- Uninstall all versions of the Office Suite installed, using the Control Panel option.
- If the new Office Suite stopped working while installing it, you will have to contact a technician by using the floating chat button to the right of this page.
- Allow the program through Windows firewall by launching the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- If the Internet is slow, you need to get connected to a high speed Internet connection for the time being.
- Scan your computer, check fake applications and then contact a technician if the issue is not fixed.
- Disable third party programs or remove unauthorized applications.